Setting goals is an integral component of career and life success. You don't always need to write down the goals you set, although goal setting gurus say you should for best success. But, set firm goals in your mind so you always know where you are going and what you plan to achieve. Set goals for the sheer joy of accomplishment. I have always set goals and believe they have been a cornerstone for all my accomplishments. Do you set goals? And, if you do, even if the goals are only in your mind or heart, please share a goal you are currently working to accomplish. See More Reader Responses
. Share Your Goals
Want to help
- I want to be a great Mentor and improve the life of people.
- —Guest Deepti
Become Pro Concept Artist / Illustrator
- My goal is to become a professional concept artist and digital illustrator so I can live my life to the fullest, working for a big studio such as sony santa monica, naughty dog, square enix, or even Industrial Light and Magic, etc. Still a dream and it's very difficult to achieve since my location is very, very far away. But thanks to the Internet, everything seems almost possible right now. Wish me luck to survive. (I do wish great luck for you. Remember you make your luck by your preparation and determination. Susan)
- —Guest Vic
Economics and financing
- My only goal or dream is to become a very successful banker.
- —Guest My goal
Reinvent at mid-life
- At 49 years old, I've dealt with degenerative spine disorder for the last 11.5 years. I lost my government job to a documented on the job injury. I had only been on that job for 17 years at the time of my injury. I had planned and was on track for full retirement at age 53. Not an average empoyee but above average. With rewards of above and beyond the call of duty. I made supervisor at an early age ( along with those who had family and other ties to help with their promotions ) if you know what I mean. I was let go and sent home with a 6 year old and a 6 month old and a wife who hadn't planned on returning to work. With incredible back pain, I live ever day. I watch my family do without . It's so very frustrating to watch them needing me and I need to be there for them. Don't get me wrong I am VERY BLESSED. Currently at 49 yrs. old I am not ready to throw in the towel. But, tomorrow is the first day of the rest of my life. I'll be starting the Ten Day Trial - please wish me strength and luck. (Susan says, I do wish you both strength and luck. Best wishes.)
- —Guest G. Hen
- My goal is to become a quality manager. Now, I have 8 years of experience in quality management. I have enough knowlege of quality aspects, but my oral English is a little poor, which is my obstacle to achieve my goal. The about.com web is good for me to improve English. I like this website.
- —Guest amy
Right from Wrong
- Everyone had a parent(s) at one time, and before them, there is God. When you began as a little person in your mom, she chose the right decision because you are here. Remember you are who you are because you are old enough to know right from wrong, if you don't know then you need to pray. You will be guided by the hand of our most powerful "God" PRAY.
- —Guest Judgement
- To have my book -- "Carrots and Sticks Don't Work -- Increasing Employee Engagement with the Principles of RESPECT" -- continue to help and inspire HR professionals around the world.
- —Guest pamarciano
A Whole List
- I've recently put together a list on http://www.mysomeday.com. I came across this site on the Huffington Post and its proved to be a really great goal-setting tool for me. I listed some of the bigger goals in life (http://bit.ly/4ry7f6) and then put together step-by-step plans of attack for most of the goals. Its letting me track my progress as well and that has really helped me keep momentum going. I actually had a goal to Get Out of Credit Card Debt (http://bit.ly/9qb7w5) and by following my Plan, I made it happen. Achieving that one goal has really motivated me to chase the rest of my goals that much harder.
Good luck to all of the rest of the people.
- —Guest Susan T.
- I love my family and friends so I want to start climbing the career ladder now that I adore my job. It's just finding a niche in my market really. I think you can do anything with the right attitude :)
- —Guest Ria1981
- My goal is to have Rs 1000 crore in my bank account in 365 days. Wish me Luck, Happiness, Success, Wealth, Health.
- —Guest Mukesh Thukral
To Be an Actor
- My goal is to be an action star like George Clooney because he's cool and I like the way he moves.
- —Guest yuri kyo
- I have always wanted to own a company. It does not matter what type of company, but a real challenging one.
- —Guest Maria
Have a Good Job
- I want to have work, a good position in an organization. I try studying at a university to step to this. This is my dream.
- —Guest nani
- My goal is to get back to God..and come out of depresssion..to change myself inwardly..then develop skills and get a wonderful, fun job..to help others and to keep learning continually.
- —Guest a sleeping spirit
To Achieve My Goal in Life
- My goal is to find a new job that I love, and if I have my own savings I can start my own business some day,to have my own family in the future and most of all to serve faithfully to God.
- —Guest aia