From the article: Beyond Traditional SMART Goals
Setting goals is an integral component of career and life success. You don't always need to write down the goals you set, although goal setting gurus say you should for best success. But, set firm goals in your mind so you always know where you are going and what you plan to achieve. Set goals for the sheer joy of accomplishment. I have always set goals and believe they have been a cornerstone for all my accomplishments. Do you set goals? And, if you do, even if the goals are only in your mind or heart, please share a goal you are currently working to accomplish. See More Reader Responses. Share Your Goals
No Whiners Allowed
- Having and keeping a positive attitude has helped me tremendously. I learned to surround myself with people who are positive and avoid the ones who have a negative attitude. Winners vs. losers. Attitude is contagious. I don't try to "fix" whiners, I weed them out and keep them out Sorry, members only. It changed my life.
- —Guest Glenn
I like the way I'm doing
- Wanna become a successful speech and hearing scientist at international level, should help the people who is suffering from cancer
- —Guest vitheya
- It is really a inspiring article for everyone, You can see a article with a different perspective on Very nice article on how to achieve goals? I have given a different approach towards it, I hope you guys like it...http://howtotackleproblems.blogspot.in/2013/08/how-to-achieve-a-goal-by-achievement-goal-theory.html
- —Guest Navaniranjan
Nothing is impossible to achieve
- Right from childhood have been dreaming to become a medical doctor and save the whole Africa. I want to make a footprint so God help me.
- —Guest Dr bob
Not just Goal setting but also sticking
- It's a great idea to build momentum as it can keep you going even when things get a bit rough. I also read a Kindle book that talks about lays out a process and shows how to stick to your goals. It was quite interesting, especially because the book is so visually laid out. The book title is - Goal Sticking: How to Go Beyond Goal Setting The link to the book is - http://www.amazon.com/Goal-Sticking-Setting-success-ebook/dp/B00BCVJ2NW Cheers, Harry
- —Guest Harry
- I am currently an overweight teen, looking to lose a few pounds. I know my goals, but I've never really attempted at achieving them. This guide is going to help me to have the willpower and diligence to accomplish my goal. I will not quit until I achieve it. I developed a plan, taking it little by little, until I meet the goal. The goal is small, making it seem easier, and more accomplish-able for me. As time goes on, I will increase the goal, thus increasing my progress. I can do this.. I.. can do this.
- —Guest Nathan
MY GOAL AND MY VISION STATEMENT
- My goal is to become a surgeon. And my vision statement-''few years to come I EBS, will be regarded as the best and greatest all over the world''. (Meet me at the top, dreamers).
- —Guest EDOWONYI BLESSING SUCCESS.
Helping the less priviledged
- I actually have a lot of goals to achieve but the most paramount one is taking care of the less privileged ones because I have always imagined myself in their position. Also, l want to be a great librarian as touching my career, and lastly, I want to own the biggest ART work Gallery, in my country.
Lose Weight & Musician/Singer/Songwriter
- This post is so helpful, I've got everything planned out now and I think I can do it. I'm 15 and should reach my first weight goal in a week and hopefully be in a good band once I'm a college student. I also want to do better at school.
- —Guest Ms.Whateverson
- I want to have a good status in life.I want to do PHD in Sociology and want to live a very satisfied and comfortable life.
- —Guest kaleem
- I want to write. I'm 13 and am working on getting a book published. I have so many goals in life to accomplish but this is the one I would like to achieve 1st. I know I'm young but want to start living the life I have always dreamt of :)
- —Guest :)
- To be a pilot and attain a PhD in Human Resource Management.
- —Guest Innocent muchisu
Become Pro Concept Artist / Illustrator
- My goal is to become a professional concept artist and digital illustrator so I can live my life to the fullest, working for a big studio such as sony santa monica, naughty dog, square enix, or even Industrial Light and Magic, etc. Still a dream and it's very difficult to achieve since my location is very, very far away. But thanks to the Internet, everything seems almost possible right now. Wish me luck to survive. (I do wish great luck for you. Remember you make your luck by your preparation and determination. Susan)
- —Guest Vic
Economics and financing
- My only goal or dream is to become a very successful banker.
- —Guest My goal
Reinvent at mid-life
- At 49 years old, I've dealt with degenerative spine disorder for the last 11.5 years. I lost my government job to a documented on the job injury. I had only been on that job for 17 years at the time of my injury. I had planned and was on track for full retirement at age 53. Not an average empoyee but above average. With rewards of above and beyond the call of duty. I made supervisor at an early age ( along with those who had family and other ties to help with their promotions ) if you know what I mean. I was let go and sent home with a 6 year old and a 6 month old and a wife who hadn't planned on returning to work. With incredible back pain, I live ever day. I watch my family do without . It's so very frustrating to watch them needing me and I need to be there for them. Don't get me wrong I am VERY BLESSED. Currently at 49 yrs. old I am not ready to throw in the towel. But, tomorrow is the first day of the rest of my life. I'll be starting the Ten Day Trial - please wish me strength and luck. (Susan says, I do wish you both strength and luck. Best wishes.)
- —Guest G. Hen
1-15 of 34Next