A coworker's retirement is a good time to offer retirement wishes and share work memories. What would you say to a coworker who is retiring? What retirement good wishes would you offer? What memories would you share? Each of us has lost our daily interaction with a valued coworker in retirement. Please share what you would like to tell your coworker who is retiring.
Looking for responses from readers to other Human Resources and work world questions? Here are thoughts, tips, and ideas from readers on a variety of business issues.Share Retirement Wishes
Think of You Often
- Dear Susan, recently I wished you congratulations on your retirement. I wanted you to know what a blessing it's been to work with you over these past few years, and how much I will miss you. Then you responded, and wouldn't you know it, your uplifting words encouraged me more than you could imagine. That's the special kind of lady you are! Getting to meet you in Austin and then chat with you again in Savannah was a pleasure. I'll think of you often ... as I picture you thoroughly enjoying retirement
- —Guest magrett
- Susan, I hope you have a wonderful retirement! Hope you'll enjoy your retirement. Best wishes!
- —Guest dwil
- You deserve sainthood from all of your accolades! GPD BLESS - 10TH Mtn Division USA ... Pete
- —Guest petrus e poteri
- Susan, We're really going to miss you! Hope you'll enjoy every minute of your retirement. Best wishes! -Amy (Crochet)
- —Guest Amy Solovay
Enjoy Your Retirement!
- Thanks, Susan, for everything. Your enthusiasm for user-generated content was an inspiration that will have a long-term impact on my GuideSite. I really appreciated your constant willingness to help. You will be missed.
Have a wonderful retirement!
- Susan, I hope you have a wonderful retirement! You will be missed, but never forgotten. You've done so much for all of us and the About.com community.
Enjoy Your New Horizons
- Thanks for all you've done while you've been with About, Susan. You gave my community a whole new way to reach each other. I'm sure no one with your zest for challenges will ever retire, so enjoy whatever new challenges you take on.
I'll Miss You, Susan
- Thank you so much for all the help and advice you've offered -- it's made my community a better place. I always appreciated your sincerity and thoughtful comments -- and enjoyed talking with you at Guide events. Have a fun-filled but relaxing retirement. And come on over to the Quilting Forum to participate in one of our new events, 'cause you know you want to sew! Am even thinking about ways to work with a design kind of like the wallhanging you pointed out to me in Seattle. Thanks again, Susan.
- Susan, thank you so much for all of your work on my forum and your community efforts on About.com as a whole. The service we provide our community is that much better because of YOU!
- Best wishes for a very happy retirement, Susan! Thank you for everything you've done for me directly and indirectly; it's much appreciated and I shall miss working with you. And of course, if you decide retirement means you've time to follow artistic dreams, you know where to go...
- —Marion BE (Painting)
Farewell to a colleague and friend
- Susan, I've felt so privileged to have found deeper community with you both professionally and personally, and to know that your connection to my hometown will keep us in touch. Your guidance and encouragement have helped me and so many other About.com Guides thrive in a very competitive environment, and we've been so fortunate to have your expertise to rely on. You'll be missed, but I know your retirement is the right thing at this time. May the next phase of your life bring you all that you seek and more.
I'll Think of You Often
- Dear Susan, recently I wished you congratulations on your retirement. I wanted you to know what a blessing it's been to work with you over these past few years, and how much I will miss you. Then you responded, and wouldn't you know it, your uplifting words encouraged me more than you could imagine. That's the special kind of lady you are! Getting to meet you in Austin and then chat with you again in Savannah was a pleasure. I'll think of you often ... as I picture you thoroughly enjoying retirement.
And On to a New Chapter...
- Susan, when I sent out the SOS call to you over a huge troll problem my forum was dealing with, you answered immediately and stuck with it until the issue was resolved. It was not an easy fix, and I was beyond grateful for your help and tenacity. You've transformed the user experience at About.com, and have endeared yourself to the Guides you've helped with your expertise. I hope you retire with a smile in your heart, knowing that you had a positive impact on everything you were involved with. I wish you all the best as you move on to the next chapter of your life...may it be filled with all that you desire and more!
You're one in a million!
- Susan, you helped me so much and your thoughts were always well thought out and to the point. I truly appreciate everything you did for me and the community at my site. You will be missed. I hope that you have something wonderful planned!
- —Guest RobinPregnancy
- Thanks for always being open to discuss and brainstorm new ideas and issues about Community. I always enjoyed our chats. I hope you enjoy leaving the big city in your rear view mirror, and that you are looking ahead to new and less stressful ventures. You didn't warn Melissa about me, did you???? I think I'll shoot her an email... [insert evil laughter here].