The purpose for creating teams is to provide a framework that will increase the ability of employees to participate in planning, problem solving and decision making to better serve customers. Increased participation promotes:
- better understanding of decisions,
- more support for and participation in implementation plans,
- increased contribution to problem solving and decision making, and
- more ownership of decisions, processes, and changes.
In order for teams to fulfill their intended role of improving organizational effectiveness, it is critical that teams develop into working units that are focused on their goal, mission, or reason for existing.
More About Team Building
- How to Build Powerfully Successful Work Teams
- Twelve Tips for Team Building
- How to Build a Teamwork Culture
- The Five Teams Every Organization Needs