To perform the Human Resources manager job successfully, an employee must perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. These requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to lead in the role of the company Human Resources manager. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
Human Resources Manager Job Requirements
- Knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, recruitment, organization development, employee relations, safety, employee engagement, and employee development.
- Better than average written and spoken communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop HR department staff members.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a knowledgeable resource to the executive management team that provides overall company leadership and direction.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include knowledge of Excel and skills in Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS).
- General knowledge of various employment laws and practices and experience working with a corporate employment law attorney.
- Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs and other Human Resources recognition and engagement programs and processes.
- Evidence of the ability to practice and coach organization managers in the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational management skills.
Education and Experience Required for Human Resources Manager Job
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business, or Organization Development.
- A minimum of seven years of progressive leadership experience in Human Resources positions.
- Specialized training in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, training, and and preventive labor relations, preferred.
- Active affiliation with appropriate Human Resources networks and organizations and ongoing community involvement, preferred.
- Possess ongoing affiliations with leaders in successful companies and organizations that practice effective Human Resources Management.
Physical Demands of Human Resources Manager Job
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the Human Resources manager's job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the Human Resources manager's job.
While performing the responsibilities of the Human Resources manager's job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use his or her hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment for the Human Resource Manager
While performing the responsibilities of the Human Resources manager's job, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the Human Resources manager will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the Human Resources manager's job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the Human Resources manager's position and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of experience, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Disclaimer – Please Note:
Susan Heathfield makes every effort to offer accurate, common-sense, ethical Human Resources management, employer, and workplace advice both on this website, and linked to from this website, but she is not an attorney, and the content on the site, while authoritative, is not guaranteed for accuracy and legality, and is not to be construed as legal advice.
The site has a world-wide audience and employment laws and regulations vary from state to state and country to country, so the site cannot be definitive on all of them for your workplace. When in doubt, always seek legal counsel or assistance from State, Federal, or International governmental resources, to make certain your legal interpretation and decisions are correct. The information on this site is for guidance, ideas, and assistance only.
Human Resources Manager Job Description Components
- Position Description and Primary Requirements
- Essential Functions: Department Development, HRIS, Training and Development, Employment, Employee Relations
- More Essential Functions: Compensation, Benefits, Law, Organization Development
- Required Experience, Education, Skills and Working Conditions Described (You are here.)