Want More Information About Job Descriptions?
- How to Develop a Job Description
- Human Resources Assistant Job Description
- Human Resources Generalist Job Description
- Human Resources Director Job Description
- Human Resources Recruiter Job Description
The Human Resources Manager guides and manages the overall provision of Human Resources services, policies, and programs for a company within a small to mid-sized company, or a portion of the Human Resources function within a large company. The major areas the Human Resources manager manages can include:
- recruiting and staffing;
- organizational departmental planning;
- performance management and improvement systems;
- organization development;
- employment and compliance to regulatory concerns regarding employees;
- employee onboarding, development, needs assessment, and training;
- policy development and documentation;
- employee relations;
- company-wide committee facilitation;
- company employee and community communication;
- compensation and benefits administration;
- employee safety, welfare, wellness and health;
- charitable giving; and
- employee services and counseling.
The Human Resources manager originates and leads Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented; high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, and standards; goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce. The Human Resources manager is responsible for the development of processes and metrics that support the achievement of the organization's business goals.
The Human Resources manager coordinates the implementation of people-related services, policies, and programs through Human Resources staff; reports to the CEO; and assists and advises company managers about Human Resources issues.
Primary Objectives of the Human Resources Manager:
- Health and safety of the workforce.
- Development of a superior workforce.
- Development of the Human Resources department.
- Development of an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, key employee retention and development, and high performance.
- Personal ongoing development.
Human Resources Manager Job Description Components
- Position Description and Primary Requirements. (You are here.)
- Essential Functions: Department Development, HRIS, Training and Development, Employment, Employee Relations
- More Essential Functions: Compensation, Benefits, Law, Organization Development
- Required Experience, Education, Skills and Working Conditions Described