The following sample job interview questions enable you to assess what motivates the candidate you are interviewing. Feel free to use these job interview questions in your own candidate interviews. They will help you assess your candidate's skill and ability in motivating employees in his or her former jobs. They help you discover what your candidate finds motivating.
- Describe the work environment or culture in which you are most productive and happy.
- Imagine that you have received a coveted national award five years from now. Why did you receive the award, what is the award, and what are the circumstances under which you are receiving the award?
- What goals, including career goals, have you set for your life?
- How would you define “success” for your career? At the end of your work life, what must have been present for you to feel as if you had a successful career?
- Describe a work situation in which you can demonstrate that you encouraged the motivation of another person.
- Observing your coworkers, in your current or a past job, describe what motivated their best performance.
- You are assigned to participate on a team that has several members who are not motivated to work hard and contribute. How have you in the past, or would you, if you were to experience it, approach this motivation situation?
- In your experience, what draws forth your discretionary energy and effort, that willingness each person has, to go the extra mile, push harder, spend more time, do whatever it takes to get the job done?
- What, in your experience, motivates your best, most successful performance? Can you give us an example of this motivation in action in the workplace?
- What role does your manager or supervisor play in your personal motivation at work?
- Describe the actions and behaviors of your manager or supervisor that you respond to most effectively?
Motivation Job Interview Question Answers
These tips about how to assess your candidate’s motivation interview question answers will assist you to select the best, most motivated, employees for your organization. Do keep reading to see how to approach your candidate’s answers.
Find readers’ favorite and funniest candidates' Interview Question Answers.
Sample Job Interview Questions for Employers
Use these sample job interview questions when you interview potential employees.
- Job Interview Questions for Employers (With Descriptions)
- Interview Questions to Assess Cultural Fit
- Motivation Job Interview Questions
- Teams and Teamwork Job Interview Questions
- Leadership Job Interview Questions
- Interpersonal Skills Job Interview Questions
- Management and Supervisory Skill Job Interview Questions
- Communication Job Interview Questions
- Empowerment Job Interview Questions
- Planning Job Interview Questions
- Decision Making Job Interview Questions
- Unusual Job Interview Questions
- Interview Questions That Can Cause Legal Problems
- Reader Submitted: Favorite Job Interview Questions