Development of the Human Resources Department
- Assists with the development and administration of programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the company.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Assists to establish departmental measurements that support the accomplishment of the company's strategic goals.
- Assists with the monitoring of an annual budget.
Human Resource Information Systems
- Manages the development and maintenance of the Human Resources sections of both the Internet, particularly recruiting, culture, and company information; and Intranet sites.
- Maintains employee-related data bases. Prepares and analyzes reports that are necessary to carry out the functions of the department and company. Prepares periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested.
- Fully utilizes Human Resources software to the company's advantage.
Training and Development
- Assists with the implementation of the performance management system that includes performance development plans (PDPs) and employee development programs.
- Assists with the establishment of an in-house employee training system that addresses company training needs including training needs assessment, new employee orientation or onboarding, management development, production cross-training, the measurement of training impact, and training transfer.
- Assists managers with the selection and contracting of external training programs and consultants.
- Provides necessary education and materials to managers and employees including workshops, manuals, employee handbooks, and standardized reports.
- Assists with the development of and monitors the spending of the corporate training budget.
- Maintains employee training records.
- Manages the recruitment process for exempt and nonexempt employees and interns using the standard recruiting and hiring practices and procedures necessary to recruit and hire a superior workforce.
- Conducts the recruiting planning meetings when needed staff is identified.
- Reviews resumes for all candidates and interview nonexempt, and exempt when assigned, candidates for employment.
- Serves on employee selection committees or meetings.
- Assists with the development of Human Resources policies for the company with regard to employee relations.
- Partners with management to communicate Human Resources policies, procedures, programs and laws.
- Recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation.
- Participates in the conduct of investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth.
- Advises managers and supervisors about the steps in the progressive discipline system of the company. Counsels managers on employment issues.
- Assists with the implementation of company safety and health programs. Tracks and posts OSHA-required data and files reports.
Human Resources Generalist Job Description Components
- Position Description and Primary Requirements)
- Essential Functions: Department Development, HRIS, Training and Development, Employment, Employee Relations. (You are here.)
- More Essential Functions: Compensation, Benefits, Law, Organization Development.
- Required Experience, Education, Skills and Working Conditions Described.