Want More Information About Job Descriptions?
- How to Develop a Job Description
- Human Resources Assistant
- Human Resources Generalist
- Human Resources Manager
- Human Resources Director
- Human Resources Recruiter
The Human Resources Generalist manages the day-to-day operations of the Human Resource office. The HR Generalist manages the administration of the human resources policies, procedures and programs. The HR Generalist carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: departmental development, Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS), employee relations, training and development, benefits, compensation, organizational development, and employment.
The Human Resources generalist is responsible for all or part of these areas:
- recruiting and staffing logistics;
- organizational and space planning;
- performance management and improvement systems;
- organization development;
- employment and compliance to regulatory concerns and reporting;
- employee orientation, development, and training;
- policy development and documentation;
- employee relations;
- company-wide committee facilitation;
- company employee communication;
- compensation and benefits administration;
- employee safety, welfare, wellness and health; and
- employee services and counseling.
The Human Resources Generalist originates and leads Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce.
The Human Resources Generalist coordinates implementation of services, policies, and programs through Human Resources staff; reports to the Human Resources Director, and assists and advises company managers about Human Resources issues.
- Safety of the workforce.
- Development of a superior workforce.
- Development of the Human Resources department.
- Development of an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, and high performance.
- Personal ongoing development.
Human Resources Generalist Job Description Components
- Position Description and Primary Requirements. (You are here.)
- Essential Functions: Department Development, HRIS, Training and Development, Employment, Employee Relations.
- More Essential Functions: Compensation, Benefits, Law, Organization Development.
- Required Experience, Education, Skills and Working Conditions Described.