The following sample job interview questions about teams and teamwork enable you to assess your candidate's skill in working with teams. Feel free to use these job interview questions in your own candidate interviews.
- Give an example of a successful project you were part of. What was your role? Why was the project successful?
- Describe two situations from your past work experience in which you have determined a team was the best potential solution to a problem, a needed process improvement, or a planned change. How did each work out?
- What actions and support, in your experience, make a team function successfully?
- Give me an example of a time when your work group or department worked especially well with another work group or department to accomplish a goal.
- Have you been a member of a team that struggled or failed to accomplish its goal? If so, what assessment did you make of the reasons for the failure?
Teams and Teamwork Job Interview Question Answers
Depending on your work culture or environment, working with teams, working on a team, or working in a team atmosphere may be important. You are attempting to identify how well your candidate works as a member of either a cross-functional or departmental team. You are listening to hear that the candidate values team work. You are assessing your candidateÃ¢Â€Â™s skill in analysis as well.
You are also discovering, with these team work job interview questions, what your candidate believes about why teams fail and why teams are successful. You are learning what must be present in the work environment for the candidate to experience team work.
Sample Job Interview Questions for Employers
Use these sample job interview questions when you interview potential employees.
- Job Interview Questions for Employers (With Descriptions)
- Interview Questions to Assess Cultural Fit
- Motivation Job Interview Questions
- Teams and Teamwork Job Interview Questions
- Leadership Job Interview Questions
- Interpersonal Skills Job Interview Questions
- Management and Supervisory Skill Job Interview Questions
- Communication Job Interview Questions
- Empowerment Job Interview Questions
- Planning Job Interview Questions
- Decision Making Job Interview Questions
- Unusual Job Interview Questions
- Interview Questions That Can Cause Legal Problems
- Reader Submitted: Favorite Job Interview Questions