Question: What Is a Human Resource?
Answer: William R. Tracey, in The Human Resources Glossary defines Human Resources as: "The people that staff and operate an organization"; as contrasted with the financial and material resources of an organization. Human Resources is also the organizational function that deals with the people and issues related to people such as compensation, hiring, performance management, and training. A Human Resource is a single person or employee within your organization.
More About Human Resources Management
- Human Resources Management OneStop: HR Site Overview
- Human Resources Management Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Book Reviews for Human Resources Management
More About Careers in Human Resource Management
- So, You Think You Want a Career in Human Resource Management?
- Beginning a Career in Human Resource Management
- Mid-career Change and Mid-career Development in Human Resource Management
- Later Career Change and Later Career Development in Human Resource Management
- Career Success in Human Resource Management