Want to see samples of values and value statements? Companies have many ways of describing their values and value statements including corporate philosophy, words to live by, leadership principles, guding values or principles, and more. No matter what an organization calls them, the values statements are rooted in the core values of members of the organization. They manifest the core values of their leaders especially.
These value statement samples give you an idea of the depth and breadth in which organizations write their values. Search online for values and value statements and you'll find some that stretch to several pages, too.
"To preserve and improve human life." (Merck)
At Merck, "corporate conduct is inseparable from the conduct of individual employees in the performance of their work. Every Merck employee is responsible for adhering to business practices that are in accordance with the letter and spirit of the applicable laws and with ethical principles that reflect the highest standards of corporate and individual behavior...
"At Merck, we are committed to the highest standards of ethics and integrity. We are responsible to our customers, to Merck employees and their families, to the environments we inhabit, and to the societies we serve worldwide. In discharging our responsibilities, we do not take professional or ethical shortcuts. Our interactions with all segments of society must reflect the high standards we profess." (Read more: (Merck)
Zappos Family Core Values
Zappos Family Core Values: "As we grow as a company, it has become more and more important to explicitly define the core values from which we develop our culture, our brand, and our business strategies. These are the ten core values that we live by:"
- "Deliver WOW Through Service
- Embrace and Drive Change
- Create Fun and A Little Weirdness
- Be Adventurous, Creative, and Open-Minded
- Pursue Growth and Learning
- Build Open and Honest Relationships With Communication
- Build a Positive Team and Family Spirit
- Do More With Less
- Be Passionate and Determined
- Be Humble"
The Zappos Family Values are clearly described in detail on their website and worth your visit.
Google's Core Philosophy
Google calls its values and value statements, its philosophy and they re-look at the components every few years to make sure that the values are still the values.
- "Focus on the user and all else will follow.
- It’s best to do one thing really, really well.
- Fast is better than slow.
- Great just isn’t good enough.
See the rest of their philosophy and read their explanation of each component.
More Samples of Values and Value Statements
Additional values and value statements samples are available for your review.
- Yahoo! We Value
- Oakridge Presbyterian Church
- Gemma Power Systems
- Microsoft's Core Values
- Amazon.com's Leadership Principles
- Marriott Core Values
Related to Values Statements and Values
- How to Make Strategic Planning Work
- Create Your Personal Vision Statement
- Readers Share Their Life Vision
- Identify and Live Your Personal Values
- How to Make Values Live in Your Organization