Interested in seeing a resignation letter example so that you can resign from your job without burning any bridges? You can successfully resign from your job by using this resignation letter example. You will want to customize this resignation letter example to match your individual circumstances when you resign from your job.
Resignation Letter Example
Name of Manager
City, State, Zip Code
Dear Name of Manager:
I'm writing to resign from my job. I've enjoyed working at Smith Company. But, I have found an opportunity that will give me experience using several skills that I can't apply in my current job. My last day is (two weeks from the date of the letter).
I will miss working with you as you have been a good mentor and encouraged me to continue to develop my skills. I have also enjoyed working with most of my coworkers. Smith Company customers were fun to serve and I will miss them, too.
I'll watch as you continue to offer successful service to my favorite customers. If I can help you train my successor or answer any questions that will help you train my replacement, please let me know. I don't mean to leave you short handed and I have written out the most common procedures that I followed in my job. I'm willing to do whatever I can to help.
More About Resignation
- How to Handle an Employee Resignation
- What to Do When Employees Resign
- Top 10 Reasons to Quit Your Job
- How to Resign From Your Job
- All About Resignation
Sample Resignation Letters
- Introduction to Resignation Letters
- Resignation Letter Template
- Sample, Simple Resignation Letter
- Sample Resignation Letter: Future Plans
- Employment Sample Employment Resignation: New Job Opportunity
- Resignation Letter: Happy to Resign
- Sample Employment Resignation: Personal Reasons
- Sample Employment Resignation: Returning to School
- Sample Resignation Letter: Spouse Relocation