Do you need a sample rejection letter to send to unsuccessful applicants for your jobs? Here is a simple, standard rejection letter for applicants you choose not to interview. As a courtesy and to emphasize your position as an employer of choice, you want to send a rejection letter.
While many employers skip this step, this rejection letter sample should make applicant rejection simple. This sample rejection letter gives you a template for your rejection letters. Your reputation, that is built one candidate at a time, is critical to your ongoing ability to attract the best and most skilled talent to your firm.
Don't make a lasting bad impression. Use this sample rejection letter to officially notify applicants of their status.
Rejection Letter Sample
City, State, Zip Code
We appreciate that you took the time to apply for the position of (name of position) with our company. We received applications from many people. After reviewing your submitted application materials, we have decided that we will not offer you an interview.
We appreciate that you are interested in our company. Please do apply again in the future should you see a job posting for which you qualify.
Again, thank you for applying. We wish you all the best.
Human Resources Staff Signature
Human Resources Staff Name
More Related to the Rejection Letter Sample
Remember that the rejection letter is your last opportunity to build a relationship with the applicant. This rejection letter sample will cause the applicant to think favorably of your company. Your reputation as an employer is affected by this applicant's opinion and the opinions of the people who hear this applicant's opinion. Don't ever believe that this is unimportant for your reputation as a potential employer for desirable employees.
Disclaimer – Please Note:
Susan Heathfield makes every effort to offer accurate, common-sense, ethical Human Resources management, employer, and workplace advice both on this website, and linked to from this website, but she is not an attorney, and the content on the site, while authoritative, is not guaranteed for accuracy and legality, and is not to be construed as legal advice.
The site has a world-wide audience and employment laws and regulations vary from state to state and country to country, so the site cannot be definitive on all of them for your workplace. When in doubt, always seek legal counsel or assistance from State, Federal, or International governmental resources, to make certain your legal interpretation and decisions are correct. The information on this site is for guidance, ideas, and assistance only.
Standard Application Acknowledgement Letter
More About Sample Candidate Rejection Letters
- See a standard applicant rejection letter that you use to respond to applicants who are not as qualified as the applicants you decide to interview.
- See another sample, simple rejection letter sample for applicants whom you reject without an interview.
- Here is another sample rejection letter for applicants whom you choose not to invite for an interview.
- Here is a sample rejection letter for a candidate who did not appear to be a good fit for your company culture.
- See another sample rejection letter for use when you’d like the candidate to interview for a different job in your company.
- Here is a sample rejection letter for a candidate you hope applies again in the future: good cultural fit.
- Find another sample rejection letter for an applicant whom you hope reapplies in the future.
- This is a rejection letter for a candidate who was not selected following a first interview.
- Find a sample rejection letter for a candidate who is rejected following an interview.
- Here is a sample rejection letter for a candidate who was not selected following a second interview.
- Find out more about how to write job candidate rejection letters.
Letters for Successful Candidates
What if the candidate you are contacting was successful in his or her application? Following are sample job offer letters to let the candidate know the good news.
Sample Job Offer Letters
- Sample Employment Offer Letter (Standard Early-to-Mid-Career)
- Early Career: Sample Job Offer Letter
- Mid-Career Sample Job Offer Letter
- Executive Sample Job Offer Letter
- Sales Representative Sample Job Offer Letter
- Generic or Standard Sample Job Offer Letter