Sample Resignation Letter: Future Plans
Name of Supervisor
City, State, Zip Code
Dear Name of Immediate Supervisor:
The purpose of this letter is to resign from my employment with Company Name. My last day is (two weeks from the date of the letter).
I am resigning from my current employment because I have been offered and accepted a position that will give me supervisory responsibilities. The new position also affords me the opportunity to begin working in a company that serves customers globally. International experience is a key goal of mine in the future, as you know.
I will miss working with you very much as you have provided me with many opportunities to both learn and contribute. Your coaching and support have been invaluable to my progress. I will also miss many of my coworkers and customers and take many positive memories with me to my new employment.
Again, best wishes for a positive future. Please call on me if there is anything I can do to help ease the transfer of my work to other employees or to help train your new employee.
Again, I am excited about my new opportunity, but sad to leave.
More About Resignation
- How to Handle an Employee Resignation
- What to Do When Employees Resign
- Top 10 Reasons to Quit Your Job
- How to Resign From Your Job
- All About Resignation
Sample Resignation Letters
- Introduction to Resignation Letters
- Resignation Letter Template
- Sample, Simple Resignation Letter
- Sample Resignation Letter: Future Plans
- Employment Sample Employment Resignation: New Job Opportunity
- Resignation Letter: Happy to Resign
- Sample Employment Resignation: Personal Reasons
- Sample Employment Resignation: Returning to School
- Sample Resignation Letter: Spouse Relocation
- Resignation Letter Example: Better Use Skills