Sample, Simple Resignation Letter
This is a sample, simple employee resignation letter to use when you quit your job. Use this letter as a template or example when you write a basic, simple letter to resign. This is the type of resignation letter that your employer needs for your personnel file.
If your employer is like most, he or she will want official documentation that you resigned. So, don't be surprised when you tell your manager that you are leaving and the first item requested is a resignation letter for your employee file. Here's your sample.
Name of Supervisor
City, State, Zip Code
Dear Name of Immediate Supervisor:
The purpose of this letter is to resign from my employment with Company Name. My last day is (two weeks from the date of the letter).
I wish you nothing but success going forward and will miss working with you and many of my coworkers and customers. My employment with Company Name has been an opportunity to both learn and to contribute. I will take many positive memories with me to my new employment.
Again, best wishes for a positive future. Please call on me if there is anything I can do to help ease the transfer of my work or to help train your new employee.
More About Resignation
- What to Do When Employees Resign
- Top 10 Reasons to Quit Your Job
- How to Resign From Your Job
- All About Resignation
Sample Resignation Letters
- Introduction to Resignation Letters
- Resignation Letter Template
- Sample Resignation Letter: Future Plans
- Employment Sample Employment Resignation: New Job Opportunity
- Resignation Letter: Happy to Resign
- Sample Employment Resignation: Personal Reasons
- Sample Employment Resignation: Returning to School
- Sample Resignation Letter: Spouse Relocation
- Resignation Letter Example: Better Use Skills