Do you need a sample application acknowledgement letter? Here is a sample application acknowledgement letter for the applicants who apply for your open position. Use this sample letter to develop your own letters to tell anxious applicants that you have received their application and resume.
This letter is your standard applicant response letter for the resumes and applications you receive. Since many of these applications arrive in email, response via email is acceptable.
Name of Applicant
Dear (Use Applicant's Name):
We appreciate your interest in (Company Name) and the position of (Name of Position) for which you applied. We are reviewing applications currently and expect to schedule interviews in the next couple of weeks. If you are selected for an interview, you can expect a phone call from our Human Resources staff shortly.
Thank you, again, for your interest in our company. We do appreciate the time you invested in this application.
Real Person's Name and Signature
Example: HR Director for the Employee Selection Team
More About Sample Candidate Rejection Letters
- See a standard applicant rejection letter that you use to respond to applicants who are not as qualified as the applicants you decide to interview.
- Here is a sample rejection letter for a candidate who did not appear to be a good fit for your company culture.
- See another sample rejection letter for use when you’d like the candidate to interview for a different job in your company.
- Here is a sample rejection letter for a candidate you hope applies again in the future.
- Find out more about writing job candidate rejection letters.
Letters for Successful Candidates
What if the candidate you are contacting was successful in his or her application? Following are sample job offer letters to let the candidate know the good news.
Sample Job Offer Letters
- Early Career: Sample Job Offer Letter
- Mid-Career Sample Job Offer Letter
- Executive Sample Job Offer Letter
- Sales Representative Sample Job Offer Letter
- Generic or Standard Sample Job Offer Letter