Want to learn about performance management quickly and efficiently? My first recommendation is to take my email class: Powerful Performance Management. The performance management class is set to have lessons delivered weekly, but if you are in a hurry, you can click the link at the bottom of the first course newsletter. Fill in the lessons you want quickly and this action will send you all of the performance management lessons immediately.
Don't want to take the email class? These are the articles I'd like you to read in this order and why. This is the quick path to learning about performance management and performance development planning.
- Performance Appraisals Don't Work tells you why you want to move away from the traditional appraisal system.
- Performance Management Glossary Entry provides the basic definition of performance management.
- Performance Management is Not an Annual Appraisal provides the components of a performance management system.
- Performance Management Process Checklist gives you the components of the performance management process.
- Performance Development Planning provides the steps in preparing and implementing performance development planning.
- Performance Development Planning Form is used to write out specific goals and measurements, to be updated quarterly.
- Goal Setting: Beyond Traditional SMART Goals discusses goal setting.
Interested in expanding your information about performance management even further, to apply this information more broadly? See my