Personal reasons drive many employee decisions to resign from employment. These employee resignation are often for private reasons and employee confidentiality is essential. The employee may or may not elect to share with you his personal reasons for tendering his employment resignation.
In fact, when employees resign for personal reasons, that is often what the resignation letter states. Employees do not want their personal business known and recognize that the employment resignation letter is a permanent addition to their personnel file. The contents of a personnel file, and consequently the details of personal reasons for employment termination, may be reviewed by strangers in the future. This is why "personal reasons" is sufficient information in a letter of resignation.
This is an example of a resignation letter that is proffered for personal reasons. Use this resignation letter example to resign from a job for personal reasons.
Resignation Letter Sample - Employee Personal Reasons
Name of Supervisor
City, State, Zip Code
Dear Name of Immediate Supervisor:
I am resigning from my position as a customer service representative for personal reasons effective January 19. This provides you with two weeks' notice to plan for my replacement.
Working at (company name) for the past six years has given me the opportunity to meet some terrific coworkers and customers. I will miss the daily interaction when I am no longer here.
Please let me know what I can do to help ease my exit from the company. It is not my intention to leave you short-handed, but it is necessary for January 19 to be my last day. I can be available, on a limited basis, for follow-up phone calls from coworkers for an additional two weeks.
I wish you nothing but the best. I have been thankful for and happy in my job with (company name). I will miss you and think of my time here positively.
Please let me know what I can do to help during this transition.
More About Resignation
- How to Handle an Employee Resignation
- What to Do When Employees Resign
- Top 10 Reasons to Quit Your Job
- How to Resign From Your Job
- All About Resignation
Sample Resignation Letters
- Introduction to Resignation Letters
- Resignation Letter Template
- Sample, Simple Resignation Letter
- Sample Resignation Letter: Future Plans
- Employment Sample Employment Resignation: New Job Opportunity
- Resignation Letter: Happy to Resign
- Sample Employment Resignation: Personal Reasons
- Sample Employment Resignation: Returning to School
- Sample Resignation Letter: Spouse Relocation
- Resignation Letter Example: Better Use Skills