Need ice breakers for your meetings at work? These are sample ice breakers that you can use to start out your meetings, retreats, or training classes. With the right ice breaker question, you can focus the group on the content of the meeting.
Ice breakers help meeting participants get to know each other and warm up the conversation at the meeting. Once ice breakers break the ice, discussion flows comfortably.
Here are guidelines about how to facilitate and use these ice breaker questions for meetings.
Ice Breakers for Meetings and Work
- What's rocking your work world today?
- What do employees complain about in your organization?
- What are you most worried about at work this month?
- What characteristic do you value the most in your coworkers?
- What is the most important personal attribute that you bring to your job>
- What are you most excited about in relation to your job this year?
- What's one work-related skill that you'd like to develop, especially if you could do it easily?
- What coworker characteristic do you find most irritating?
- What's the one word that you'd like to hear from your boss?
- If your workplace was a tree, what kind of a tree would it be and why?
- What one factor or facet of work do you complain, moan, and groan about the most?
- What's the single most important factor that you would change about your job?
- What is the most significant factor, that your organization has control over, that interferes with your success?
- What is the single most significant factor, that your organization controls, that is fueling your success?
- If you were the king of your workplace, what are the three missing factors that you would add?
More Recommended Ice Breaker Questions for Meetings and Work
These are additional sample questions that you can use to start out your meeting, retreat, or training class. In the right circumstance, use the ice breaker question as the focus or content of the meeting.
- Ice Breaker Questions to Get to Know Meeting Participants
- Fun and Funny Ice Breaker Questions
- Thoughtful Team Builder Ice Breakers
Periodically, I plan to add to these sample ice breaker questions, so you may want to save the page for future reference.