Readers often ask me also to review their resumes (sorry, I don't have the time; I receive hundreds every year), tell me about HR job prospects in their area (sorry, impossible for me to keep tabs on job prospects worldwide), and what school to attend to prepare (sorry, I am not familiar with all schools, schools in your area, or what would best fit you). Lots of sorries. Right?
I really do care about helping my readers, but I care more about your getting the best possible information about jobs in HR management that will serve you well given your location and your personal goals and personal vision for your career.
With this in mind, learn more about jobs in HR management. Here is how you can explore jobs and careers in HR management:
- Talk to career services offices at your local and online colleges and universities about degrees and jobs in HR management,
- Talk to people who are working as HR professionals where you want to work to find out about their schools, degree paths, and how they got into the field. Working professionals might also be able to give you local job prospects and earnings, whereas I am limited to those HR management job prospects provided by the US Department of Labor and my sense of my own local community.
- Learn about potential earnings from your local contacts, SHRM, this article from CNN (salaries seem high), online salary calculators, and by reading through job postings on the key HR job boards.
- Schedule informational interviews with HR professionals you may not know to further your knowledge about jobs in HR management and transitioning into the HR field.
- Belong to professional associations, such as local SHRM Chapters, to expand your contacts and network with other HR professionals or people who want to be, to also expand your knowledge about jobs in HR management.
- Network with HR professionals and other job searchers through participation in social media about jobs in HR management.
Check back. I often add additional methods for finding out about careers and jobs in Human Resources Management.