But, a department can be organized in any way that makes sense for the customer. Departments can also be organized by customer, by product, or by region of the world.
The forward thinking human resource department is devoted to providing effective policies, procedures, and people-friendly guidelines and support within companies. Additionally, the human resource function serves to make sure that the company mission, vision, values or guiding principles, the company metrics, and the factors that keep the company guided toward success are optimized.
The most common Human Resource jobs that are grouped in the Human Resource Department are the Human Resources Director, Human Resources Generalist, and Human Resources Assistant. Additionally, some organizations have a Vice President of Human Resources and employees who are organized around providing a specific component of Human Resource services including compensation, training, organization development, and safety.
More About Human Resources Management
- Human Resources Management OneStop: HR Site Overview
- Human Resources Management Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Book Reviews for Human Resources Management
More About Careers in Human Resource Management
- So, You Think You Want a Career in Human Resource Management?
- Beginning a Career in Human Resource Management
- Mid-career Change and Mid-career Development in Human Resource Management
- Later Career Change and Later Career Development in Human Resource Management
- Career Success in Human Resource Management