- More about dress codes: Dress Codes and Image Collection
A dress code is a set of standards that companies develop to help provide their employees with guidance about what is appropriate to wear to work. Dress codes range from formal to business casual to casual. The formality of the workplace dress code is normally determined by the amount of interaction employees have with customers or clients.
In workplaces where some employees interact with customers or clients and others do not, an organization may choose to have two dress codes. A more casual dress code is normally adopted for employees with no customer or client contact.
Depending on the organization, the dress code may be written in great detail, or in the case of a casual dress code, little detail is necessary.
Additional Resources About Dress Codes
- Dress for Work Success: A Business Casual Dress Code.
- Business Casual Dress Code for Work: Manufacturing.
- Casual Dress Code.
- A Formal, Professional Dress Code.
- Dress Code for Customer Interaction and Trade Shows.
- Sample Letter to Introduce a Dress Code.
- Business Casual Dress Code Definition.
- Sample Policy Receipt Acknowledgement Form.
Submit a word for the Glossary.