These directions provide guidance for employees who wish to apply for internal jobs within your organization. They accompany the two-part internal job application that are pages two and three of this feature. Please feel free to use and/or modify the format to meet your organization's needs.
Internal Job Application
(Your Organization Name) is dedicated to assisting employees to reach their professional goals through internal promotion and transfer opportunities. One of the tools the company makes available to employees in managing their career is (your organization) internal job posting. This procedure enables current employees to apply for any available position either before or at the same time the position is advertised outside of the company.
Internal job opportunities are regularly posted on the "Career Opportunities" bulletin board on the right side of the lunchroom. Job openings are also posted on the General Information board by the time clocks.
To apply for an opening:
Step 1: Ensure that you meet the following eligibility requirements.
- You are a current, regular full- or part-time (your company) employee.
- You have been in your current position for at least six months. (Exceptions to this six-month requirement can be made by your current supervisor and should be consistent with company business needs.)
- Your performance meets performance development plan (PDP) standards or established work standards in your current position.
- You have not had an employee counseling or corrective action within six months. You are not following a performance improvement plan for your current position.
- You meet the qualifications listed for the position on the job posting.
Step 2: Complete an Internal Job Application form.Applications are available from Human Resources, the reception area of the front office and in the form bins on the right wall of the lunchroom. Attach your resume, if you have one, to the completed application.
Step 3: Submit the Internal Job Application to your supervisor for approval.
Step 4: Submit your completed and approved Internal Job Application to HR.
Step 5: Candidates who are qualified will participate in an initial interview with the supervisor of the position, if they have not interviewed with that particular supervisor within the past six months. Finalists will participate in two additional interviews, with an HR representative and with an internal customer of the position or a manager. The selected person will be notified by the supervisor of the position.
Like the sample form? Enroll in the free email class to learn more about How to Recruit and Hire the Best.