Sometimes, it's not so easy to just pull up stakes and move on to your next job and employer. There are reasons why most of us stay where we are.
Perhaps your spouse has a tenured position or the job market is slim. You have young kids at home and your job gives you flexibility for life. You enjoy your coworkers. You are well paid. There are as many reasons as there are people who work why people stay at their current jobs.
I have many friends who are marginally happy in their current position; they are happy enough so that they are not motivated to move on. So, for those of you who want to / have to stay with your current employer, here's how to make your current job work. Your current job can be as special as you are. These ten additional tips should also make the difference.
Poll: Why Do You Stick With Your Employer?
Please note that you may vote for only one choice.
- Good coaching from and interaction with my boss.
- Opportunity to learn new skills.
- Good compensation and benefits package.
- Challenging, rewarding, interesting work.
- Like my coworkers.
- Talent and vision of company management team.
- Mission of the company.
- Respectful treatment.
- Recognition for a job well done.
- Just can't seem to get motivated enough to leave...
- View Results
Image Copyright Dream Pictures / Getty Images