This question is so important for people who want to work in the field of Human Resources that I thought I'd post the question and its answer here.
A reader, who is working on a two year degree, which according to her college, would assure her of an HR job upon graduation, has received different information from her HR contacts working in the field.
I burst her bubble further. Agree or disagree with me? I'd love to hear your thoughts.
See the answer in Qualified for an HR Manager Job with a 2 Year Degree?
Image Copyright Jacom Stevens
Poll: Does an HR leader need a degree?
- Absolutely. I wouldn't hire one without a degree.
- Most likely. Only degreed candidates have the background and skill set necessary for today's HR leader.
- Probably. There are too many candidates that have degrees to settle for one without a degree.
- It depends. Some HR leaders have experience that trumps the need for a degree.
- No. An HR leader does not need a degree.
- Absolutely not. An HR leader never needs a degree.
- View Results
More About Human Resources Careers