Need to research prospective employees in social media and online? Dice has introduced a new service for employers and recruiters that aggregates information from social media sites about potential tech employees.
OpenWeb collects information from approximately 50 social and professional networks and billions of web pages to create an aggregated or super profile of a potential candidate's professional experience, contributions, history and capabilities, as well as his or her passions and interests.
Open Web, currently in beta, creates a more complete picture of available tech talent than can be found using any single source - you can even target passive candidates. OpenWeb allows an employer to do the following:
- Search for tech talent by leveraging 50 social and professional networks and billions of web pages.
- Save time and money using one search instead of dozens of individual searches.
- Find comprehensive profiles of millions of tech professionals who may be on the job market either actively or passively.
- Easily locate passive tech professionals, who may not currently be considering a job search, with web profiles all in one spot.
- Search the tech talent pool by skill, location, title, current or past employer, and university.
- Contact technology professionals directly.
OpenWeb gathers information from large social networks including Facebook and Google+, and it also concentrates on tech-focused sites such as GitHub and Stack Overflow to show employers a candidate's current tech projects and peer interaction.
According to Scot Melland, Chairman, President and CEO of Dice Holdings, Inc., "Now, Open Web makes it easy by consolidating all kinds of valuable, public information about technology candidates in one place. In a few seconds, employers get unique profiles with real depth allowing both an understanding of the candidates' qualifications and how to approach tech professionals on a more personal, direct level."
Additionally, the service allows you to look at a prospect's potential to fit within your corporate culture because of the amount and nature of the data collected.
Open Web is currently in Beta and its database of profiles, currently over 1.5 million, is climbing higher daily. The service is included with Dice Recruitment Packages at no additional charge during the Beta test.
You might also be interested in the results of Dice's 2012-2013 tech salary survey.
Image Copyright iStockphoto / Jacob Wackerhausen